Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Purple Mountain Majesty for CTD Featured Stamper

Wow, it's a special occasion around here with an extremely rare mid-week post.  Certainly special because I am thrilled to be this week's Featured Stamper at Color Throwdown! The gals at Color Throwdown are among our industry's finest and to be selected by them, for this card, is a true honor.  Color me humbled!
With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, the CTD gals are smilin' with Irish eyes this week...take a look at the color palette we got to work with:
Green and eggplant....hmmmm....I thought about it for awhile and decided to play some more with my beloved Waterfront stamp set and create a "purple mountains majesty" card!
To create the mountains I used a lighter shade of eggplant--Wisteria Wonder--and stamped in from each side at full strength and after stamping off once.  I made a base for the treeline by using just the edge of one of the line stamps in Tranquil Tide ink.  The trees were also stamped in Tranquil Tide.  I used one of the abstract stamp images to create the grassy meadows beneath the mountains by stamping off twice with Tranquil Tide ink.  I have a set of hillside border dies--not sure which company they are from--that I used to create the slightly torn edge.  I just held the die on my cardstock and tore off the edge to reveal the sentiment stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink.  The flock of birds flying over the mountains are from the High Tide stamp set and are stamped in Elegant Eggplant to coordinate with the sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by today.  Be sure to check out the gorgeous samples at Color Throwdown--these ladies always delight with their creativity!  Big thanks to the team for choosing my tulip card and inviting me aboard this week.   Enjoy the rest of your week, friends!




7 comments:

Nancy said...

Nance, this card is truly Majestic, love the colors you used and the balance achieved from your stamping. I like the placement of the sentiment and the birds.

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm so used to seeing you on The Paper Players, I was surprised to see that you were Guest Star Stamper on Color Throwdown. You did them proud as well as the song. I think this is one of my favorites that you have done. Everything is perfect about this card.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Nance! Your tulips were a worthy CTD winner and today's card is fabulous - you have made some wonderful and inspiring cards with this set. A lovely way to use this rather challenging colour palette too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is a whole lot of gorgeousness... love the inside! Hugs

Jaydee said...

Nance... congratulations and what a gorgeous card you created for the challenge. A piece of art
hugs
jaydee

Marcy Daniels said...

I think your colors are beautiful. i like the out of the box approach.

Unknown said...

Nice!