Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Just Be YOU PP384

Hi friends, and welcome to another week with The Paper Players!  Our sweet friend across the pond, Joanne, has a lovely color challenge for us this week:
I have to admit, I was a little daunted by this color....PINK!  It's not a shade I use very often so I was a little flummoxed until I remembered this awesome set I've only used a couple times...Fabulous Flamingo...and my card was born:
I started with the idea of a row of flamingos--all in the same shade to as a way to demonstrate their conformity.  THe last flamingo is strutting her stuff all decked out with all three steps of stamps in this set!  The base flamingo is Powder Pink, the second layer--the shading--is what else--Flirty Flamingo, of course!  The accent lines are obviously stamped in Black Memento ink. 
I didn't want to introduce another color--staying true to the "any shade of pink" challenge--so I used a base of Smoky Slate and stamped a few palm fronds in the same color ink to frame the focal point.
The sentiment had to be just right--something that emphasized the individuality of the recipient--I really wanted to use the die-cut YOU from the SAB Amazing You set.  Once that was die-cut in black, I went searching through my stash for just the right companion sentiment.  I found it in "Just Be" from the retired Crazy For You stamp set--perfect! 
I'm not sure when I will have occasion for this card so I left the inside sentiment free but stamped another flamingo framed with palm fronds.  This really is such a cool set--love that shading on the flamingo!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team inspiration over at The Paper Players.  I hope you will be inspired to join us before our challenge closes on Friday, March 16th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team 

13 comments:

laurie said...

Your row of flamingos is perfect....you achieved several shades of pink! Great idea! I keep saying I'm going to finish off the inside of my cards better after I see yours, this time I plan to do it!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this! Love how you shadowed the flamingo in shades of pink....wonderful effect!

Cindy Major said...

Gorgeous use of this stamp set!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,
Great card and what a great way to showcase "pink". It really isn't my favorite color to use as the focal color either, but you hit this one out of the park. The Flamingo was the perfect choice! Hugs

Nancy said...

Love it nothing flirtier and pink than Flamingo's, great looking card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I just adore the way you shadowed the pink to create this row of flamingos! GENIUS! The sentiment is just perfect! The gray background is perfect to showcase this fun flock! I hope you have a fantastic week, My Friend! XX

Jan Clothier said...

I love what you've done with this card and the amazing marriage of image and sentiment. I never got on board the flamingo train but your flamingo card is in a class of its own. Wonderful!

Annie S. said...

I love how you stamped the line of flamingos with the last one in full beautiful, layered color. Brilliant! Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, just the other night I was watching Planet Earth and saw the parade of flamingos, and your repeated stamping made me think of it right away and made me smile! Awesome colors, layout, I love all of it!

ElizStewart said...

Nance... Fabulous inspiration card for Color Throwdown! Looking forward to playing with you. Also loved your flamingos this week... the double stamping was great!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love your row of flamingos Nance, finished with the detailed one front and centre - such a clever design! Fabulous, just like this week's challenge badge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this!!!!!!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love the repeated flamingo and the sentiment is fabulous. Once again you have created a gorgeous, bold card. Gorgeous.
hugs
jaydee