Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

CAS Crazy about Sewing PP381

Hiya friends!  Welcome to another week with The Paper Players where the lovely LeAnne is hosting a Clean-and-Simple challenge that's sew much fun!
Sewing was among my first hobbies as a child--my mom is an excellent seamstress and taught me to sew when I was in fifth grade!  Although I don't sew as much as I used to, I still love the satisfaction of creating something out of a piece of fabric.  So of course, I am a sucker for any sewing related stamp set and couldn't part with the set Sew Suite that retired ages ago.  Lucky I didn't because it is perfect for LeAnne's "sew suite" challenge!
I could see this card completed in my mind's eye and was thrilled that it turned out just as I imagined.  That so rarely happens, lol!  Anyway, the card base is Crumb Cake and the top Whisper White panel is 3.5" x 5.5".  True "random" stamping is so hard for me to do--what with the OCD tendencies, ha--so, of course I used my stamp placement tool to get these sweet little sewing machines just right.  I alternated colors of Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral (I know it looks red here), and Crumb Cake.  The sentiment combines a couple stamp sets--I stamped the "sew" in Early Espresso ink using the Hand Lettered Alphabet photopolymer set while the "thanks" and "much" came from the Crazy About You [retired] set.  

I hope you liked my card today.  Be sure to check out all the eye candy from my teammates over at The Paper Players.  I hope you're inspired to join us before the challenge closes on Friday, February 23rd at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team 
We had a rare weekend off from volleyball this weekend but here's a shot from the previous weekend's tournament in Orlando.  Yep, that's our daughter leaping over the backpacks and a teammate on the sidelines to save this pass and assist in a point.  They ended up losing the match but they sure played their hearts out.  Love their determination--every point matters!

Thanks for looking in on me...take care, friends!




9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is "sew" cute! Love the repeated pattern! And that action shot of Arden is wonderful!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is "SEW" wonderful! I love the way you stamped all those sewing machines in fun colors! You did an amazing job. Yes, my OCD would not make this a fun task! Such a perfect sentiment and CAS perfection too! Arden is amazing! I love seeing the action shots! Wishing you a lovey week, My Friend! XX

Margaret said...

You did an amazing job on lining up the sewing machines, and I love the bright colors! Wonderful card!!

Annie S. said...

Love those sewing machines and your colors! You have such a talent for picking color combos! Hope you have a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

LeAnne said...

I LOVE your row of sewing machines, especially in those pretty colors! Wouldn't we have loved sewing even more if our Singers looked like that when we were growing up?! Love how you created your sentiment too...very clever! And look at that clever daughter of yours, making that awesome shot! I have enjoyed watching her team play!

laurie said...

Wow your stamping is awesome! What a cute card Nance. What fun you have with the VB...such a great sport!

Jan Clothier said...

Amazing! Love your bright machines and that they are so perfectly placed. Great design and a great card!

Jaydee said...

Nance you did a great job stamping those sewing machines and I love that you did them in multiple colors. The size of the sentiment is perfect for the pattern and I love the mix of crumb cake and whisper white. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

stampwithsandy said...

I love this sewing machine Nance, and couldn't wait to read your post to see where it's from. It's so retro, as are the awesome colors you used. You lined them up so precisely, from one OCD stamper to another!