Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Timeless Textures of Thanks: PP277

Hi friends-wow, that first full week back to work and school really went fast!  I guess that's a good thing, right?!  We're rolling on into the new year over at The Paper Players where the lovely and talented Claire is hosting a fun color challenge:
Bright, happy and fun!  I immediately thought of Valentine's Day but, since I'm still in need of thank you notes for holiday gifts, opted for a note of thanks instead:
The stamp set I used today, Timeless Textures, was the first thing I ordered from the new Occasions catalog!  If you're a fan of the Gorgeous Grunge set (waving my hand high, here) then you're going to LOVE Timeless Textures.  I used three of the stamps to make the background for my butterfly.  I love how the swirling circles (I think they look like coffee stains) end up looing like butterfly trails on this card.
It's so difficult to capture all the sparkle that comes from the Wink of Stella brush pen but trust me, this butterfly is COVERED in it!  I backed the butterfly with a piece of vellum just to make it stand out a little bit on the busy background. 
Equally as difficult to capture are my Wink of Stella splotches you can (sort of) see here.  There's a little stamp of random spots in this set and I inked it up with the Wink of Stella (WOS) pen and stamped them here.  That's right, I just brushed over the stamp with the WOS pen and stamped them right on the card. They catch the light nicely and add to the iridescence of the butterfly.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to pop over to The Paper Players and check out all the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  We would love to see your creation in the gallery so join us before the challenge closes on Friday, January 15th at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket

11 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So - dare I confess this set did not make it onto my first shopping list?! I knew once I saw you use it I would want it though - such a creative use of textures for the background to your butterfly. One thing we can definitely agree on though is a shared love of Wink of Stella pens - off to try stamping with mine now after that neat tip! A fab use of these colours Nance!

Nancy said...

Oh my, love the WOS tip, I would never have thought to do that, you know me not liking to mix things, great idea and lovely butterfly card and the swirls do indeed show the butterfly's travel pattern!
Luv,
Mom

Linda said...

I just ordered Timeless Textures and I love all the ways you used it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Colleen Begley said...

Nance, I loved you card the minute I saw it! It's very striking and pretty. I use Wink of Stella on many cards, but not in the way you used it here. I am going to now. Soon.

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is AMAZING! I love what you did with the Wink of Stella! I use it on all my cards! Thank you for the fabulous tip. You certainly made my challenge shine! XXX

laurie said...

I can see the wink..so pretty Nance! I love using it too. That does look like a great set, one you would use over and over again. Looks awesome with the butterfly!

LeAnne said...

OH YEAH....my heart went pitter-patter when I saw that Timeless Textures! It was first on my list too! LOVE how you combined the elements to make your background for the butterfly! I may just have to CASE this beauty!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! Your background is beautifully stamped - you do have a way with ink girl! I bought this set as well - love it! And I do need to open that Wink of Stella pen - love your added sparkle!

stampwithsandy said...

Such a great CAS card, Nance! You made a quick job of combining the colors with your absolutely perfect layered stamping, and the butterfly is the icing on the cake!

Hannelie said...

Stunning CAS card. Love the delicate butterfly!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card and such a great use for the 'coffee ring'! Your butterfly is gorgeous!