Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

To You & Yours in a Winter Wonderland PP271

OK, y'all...thank goodness this week's challenge at The Paper Players is a Clean-and-Simple one because I don't have much energy for anything else!  Jaydee is our fabulous hostess with the mostest and she's bringing on the festive challenges:
The most difficult part about creating my card for this challenge was deciding just which Winter Wonderland stamp I was going to use.  In the end, I settled on one that I haven't seen too much of in blogland but I just love....
The stamp set is called To You & Yours and it coordinates with the To You & Yours Shaker Cards kit from the Holiday Catalog.  I truly bought it just for this silhouette image.  Love the trees and the deer!
The image is stamped in Blackberry Bliss onto think Whisper White cardstock.  The only thing tricky about this card is the fact that I only partially embossed the white panel.  I didn't want my stamped image to be embossed so I ran the panel only partially through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder.  When I got to about the midway point, I back tracked on the Big Shot so I ended up with only the embossed sky here.  The rest is pretty obvious....keeping it REALLY clean and simple here.  I do like the elegant combination of White, Silver, Blackberry Bliss and Smoky Slate.  

Check out the rest of the Design Team creations over at The Paper Players.  We hope you will join us for Clean-and Simple week before our challenge closes on Friday, November 20th at Noon (PST)!  We would love to see you in the gallery....thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team
Sandy Mathis
Anne Marie Hile (on leave) 
Photobucket

10 comments:

laurie said...

VERY pretty scene Nance! Great idea on how to use that folder, I just got mine, so I will give that a try.

Have a great day!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Really love your card!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is soooo gorgeous!!!!!!! I love Blackberry Bliss and this amazing scene looks fabulous in this color! The embossed background is perfect! I didn't buy this folder, but now I have to order it. LOL! The sentiment is jut what we need. Especially this week, My Friend! XX

stampwithsandy said...

Nance this is just gorgeous! I had my eye on the stamp set you used but didn't get it, and you've got me re-thinking! I can't beleive how perfectly you inked up this big solid stamp, would love to know your secret. The colors, the bit of shine, the embossed snow, everything is just perfect!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, great idea for using the embossing folder the "snow" is perfect. But, talk about perfect the image is lovely and a great stamping job indeed, I know it's not always easy to get a large image so kudos to you, great job and love the colors!
Luv,
Mom

stampwithamyk said...

This is so pretty Nance! I love the non-traditional holiday colors, they look great with your design. Perfect CAS holiday card!

LeAnne said...

I have to tell you that I had to go looking in the catalog for this stamp....I totally glossed over it! But it is very striking, especially in this gorgeous color combination! A perfect image for a CAS creation. Your idea to only emboss the top half is ingenious, too! TFS!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, great job indeed! These colors are super cool!
This is just lovely... love that silhouette... could use it all year around for masculine cards too. hugs.

RuthieMaryKay said...

This is so pretty Nance! I have been looking at that stamp in the set and thinking of doing the same thing but your choice of colors and the "peace" just really set it off! Great job! I will be casing this I do believe! Thanks for "completing" my vision!!!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this stamp too yet it's the only one in the set I haven't used - I just love your CAS card take with it and the addition of the foil sentiment and partial embossing is genius Nance. Gorgeous!