Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Holiday Home Sketch {PP219}

Hi everyone. So sorry to be late with my card for The Paper Players.  I got hit with a nasty bug that knocked me out and I spent all day Sunday in bed with a fever.  Feeling a bit better today but still in bed--just sitting up today.   Anyway....this week is my turn to host our sketch challenge at the Paper Players.  Here's the sketch:
and here's my card:
These little stamps in the Holiday Home set are so cute and such fun to work with!  i used the swoosh image from A Work of Art to create the ground for my house and yard.  The grass is stamped in Mossy Meadow and the trees are stamped with Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango/Crushed Curry leaves.  Notice the "clouds" in the sky?  Those are also stamped with an image from A Work of Art, this time in Sahara Sand to match the woodgrain DSP used in the background.
 
Stampin' Blendabilites markers made quick work of coloring the house.   I used the light shade of Smoky Slate on the house, Medium Smoky Slate on the roof, Medium Crushed Curry for the glowing windows, Pumpkin Pie for the door and the darkest shade of the "Skin Assortment" to color the bricks.  What fun!
I hope you enjoyed my little card today.  Please stop by the rest of The Paper Players design team to see what they are sharing with my sketch.  Come back and play with us before our challenge ends on Friday, October 31st at Noon (PST). Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team
  Photobucket

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Cute as can be! The details are amazing! I got to play with this a little at Sandy's, but nothing as sweet as this spooky little scene! I wondered where your post was....now I know, and hope you're feeling better! I am feeling a little under the weather too, it is definitely the season for ickiness! Rest up!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is darling the way you made a little scene...LOVE the clouds too. I'll have to remember that.
I love that set too. so much to choose from.
Sorry about your bug... hate being sick! Get better soon.
Hugs

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so cute, Nance! Love the scene you created. So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Get better soon. Hugs!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, Nance. Hope you are a bit better by now. I absolutely love this sketch, and your card is adorable! Love all the fun little details like the pumpkins and leaves, and your "work of art" clouds are brilliant!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Nance! I love how you used the images from Work of Art to create clouds and grass! How clever is that!!! What an adorable scene you have created! Hopefully you are feeling better :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love the scene you created! So sweet!

Nancy said...

Nance, glad you are feeling a little better today, hope tomorrow is even better. Your card is absolutely adorable, I love all the little details, the tree, pumpkins, the sweet house with a wreath on the door!The Work of Art clouds and grass are so good, very creative, right down to the woodgrain background.
Hugs,
Mom

Unknown said...

I love the work of art abstract clouds and ground! Perfect woodgrain background. Awesome card Nance!

Jaydee said...

Nance, hope you are feeling better! This is a great sketch and I love how you used the new Holiday Home set and tied it together with Work of Art. I would never have thought to use that for clouds. genius, my friend.
Hugs
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

I sure hope you are feeling better, Nance! I love the way you used these sets to create this fabulous card! The "swoosh" ground cover and clouds made me smile! GENIOUS! All the little details make this card perfect! XX