Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

This Day Forward, with Love

From the moment I saw it in the catalog I knew the stamp set This Day Forward was just perfect for a very special anniversary card.  My mother and father-in-law celebrated their golden anniversary last summer and their card had to be over-the-top special, just like them.  I'd like to share it with you.... (beware: photo heavy post!)

Brushed Gold cardstock is simply gorgeous when dry embossed.   This retired DSP has a gold line running through that made it the perfect companion.  I sponged some Champagne Shimmer Mist paint onto the doily and embossed the image and sentiment with gold embossing powder.   Here's a peek to the inside...

The flourish from Creative Elements is one of my favorite stamps and embossed in gold on vellum it is just gorgeous....
The vellum overlay adds such an elegant look to their beautiful wedding photo.  I scanned the photo and printed it onto Very Vanilla cardstock from my home printer.
Of course, there were so many layers and embellies to this labor of love that it couldn't go into just a regular envelope.  So I decorated a Tag a Bag gift bag with even more embossing, glitz and glam!  I hope you've enjoyed this special card for a special couple as much as I enjoyed making it.  I know that my in-laws enjoyed it--I think there was even a tear or two--I heard word that they left it on display in their home for the rest of the celebratory year!  That made me feel so good!  For me, that's what making a handmade card is all about--pouring your heart and creativity into something that you know the recipient will LOVE!  Thanks for stopping by so I could share it with YOU!

 Photobucket

5 comments:

Nancy said...

This anniversary card is definitely a show-stopper, over-the-top, you name it. Love, love your addition of their wedding photo under vellum, sigh. I can see why they would have shed a tear or two as I know I did.
Luv,
Mom

Cheryl said...

Awesome, Awestruck! What a great card! I am sure that is one going into an album of keepsakes!

Linda Callahan said...

This is amazingly beautiful! The details and the addition of the softened photo are wonderful! Truly a work of art!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, I can't let this beautiful creation get buried in my inbox and not comment on it. It is just a WOW! Truly a lovely keepsake that I know will be cherished. The photo, the vellum layer, the bag, so many amazing details that remind one why one became a crafter to begin with!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is spectacular! Love how the photo is behind the vellum! So cool... and even the packaging is perfection. hugs.