Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Mixed Bunch of Happy {PP182}

Happy Sunday everyone!  I am thrilled to be the hostess this week at The Paper Players for a color challenge!
Color challenges are my favorite.  I am so inspired by color everywhere I go and this week's challenge is no exception.  I snapped the photo during a recent day of shopping with my Mom and daughter.  We had so much fun looking at all the jewelry, scarves and clothes that we were there for TWO hours!  OMG, like kids in a candy store we were!  Anywhooo....I love the colors and patterns in these necklaces and couldn't wait to turn them into a card:
These colors really made me happy!  Of course gold is the in "color" this season so I was happy to incorporate that too.  Do you notice the striped effect given by the hanging necklaces in the photo?  That inspired my background panel which consists of layered strips of Crisp Cantaloupe and Midnight Muse cardstock attached to a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I wanted to add a little more dimension so I clear embossed the Positively Chevron background over the whole piece.
Layering the cardstock first makes it as easy as a single piece to stamp the background.  It was a last minute decision to clear emboss the stamping when the Versamark alone wasn't deep enough.  I really like the shine it provides.
This is my favorite stamp from Mixed Bunch and I think the clean lines are a good companion to the stripes and chevrons.  I started to embellish the flower centers and once I started with the Very Vintage Designer Button, I couldn't stop!  LOL.  I punched two of the largest Boho Blossoms flower from Midnight Muse and Champagne Glimmer paper--layering them for just a peek of color.  With an accent of Gold Baker's Twine at the bottom of the card, it seemed fitting to add some more to the flowers!  ;-)  I just made a small loop and attached it to the back with glue dots. 
Leaves don't have to be green!  Champagne Glimmer makes a lovely accent to the tones of Crisp Cantaloupe and Midnight Muse.  The Secret Garden Framelits cut through the glimmer paper like a hot knife in butter!  So easy that a little bit was needed to back the Perfect Pennants banner.  I trimmed the sentiment banner down to the stamped image so the glimmer paper would peek around it.

There you have it!  I hope I've inspired you to play along with these beautiful colors before the challenge closes on Friday, February 14th at Noon (PST).  If you need even more encouragement, take a peek at the rest of the Design Team for some lovely inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by, friends!


The Paper Players Design Team

Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Perfect Pennants, Positively Chevron
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Midnight Muse, Versamark
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory, Whisper White CS; Champagne Glimmer Paper
Xtras: Secret Garden & Banner Framelits; Gold Baker's Twine; Very Vintage Designer Buttons; Clear embossing powder; Boho Blossoms punch; Blossom punch

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Very pretty, Nance. I was really studying your flowers centers and then you gave us a close-up...they are wonderful! Funny how trends go back and forth from silver to gold. I am anxious to embrace the gold, like your leaves. Very nice!

Marisa said...

Great flowers. Love the chevrons and the touch of gold.

Cheryl Mooney said...

The white buttons make me happy!

LeAnne said...

I love it all! The embossed chevrons, the pretty flowers, the button centers, and the blue & gold behind the buttons....what a cool effect it all gives to what is certainly a happy, cheerful card! I am jealous....I never go shopping like that, it would be too dangerous on my pocketbook for sure!!!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, you rocked everything about this challenge, girlfriend! The colors are spot-on trendy, your inspiration photo fabulous and your card just gorgeous! I love how you clear embossed the chevron background and of course the pretty flowers. Your shopping trip sounds like fun, too!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely stunning, Nance! You certainly rocked your challenge!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Such a great card! Luv how the flowers look 3-D and the embossed chevrons. One classy card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I know I have already told you but I absolutely LOVED this color combo! Your card is pure awesome-sauce, Nance! So much gorgeous detail and I love that embossed chevron background. Thanks for a fab challenge this week. Hugs! :)