Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Truly Grateful for Fall {PP157}

Hiya friends!  What a wonderful week at The Paper Players....this week we welcome a new 6th member of our Design Team....please welcome Sandy Mathis! This week Anne Marie is out hostess for a Fall Themed ABC challenge....anything BUT a card!
The new Tag-a-Bag gift bags made quick work of this challenge!  Combined with the Truly Grateful stamp set, I've got a fun table favor for the Thanksgiving table!
I decorated the gift bag with a tag made from various sizes of Window Framelits and stamped images in Crushed Curry, Early Espresso and Pool Party. 
The Chalk Talk Framelits include three sizes of dies for cutting tag openings so I used one to make my tag and thread through some Natural Ribbon and Ruffled Pool Party Ribbon.
The base of the tag is embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder and sanded.  I attached another Window Framelit stamped with another sentiment from Truly Grateful:
Wouldn't it be fun to have each person at the dinner table write down what they're most thankful for and share it with another family member?  Hope I can remember to do it when Thanksgiving rolls around!  I hope you'll remember to play along with us at The Paper Players before the challenge ends on Friday, August 9th at Noon (PDT).  I'll be taking a little bit of a blog break for the next couple weeks but I'll still pop in each Sunday for The Paper Players....until then...take care, friends.

The Paper Players Design Team

Photobucket

Supplies 
Stamps: Truly Grateful
Ink: Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Pool Party
Paper: Very Vanilla CS, Early Espresso Core'dinations CS; Epic Day DSP
Xtras: Window Frame Framelits; Linen Thread; Chalk Talk Framelits; Woodgrain embossing folder; Witches' Brew designer washi tape; Naturals buttons

8 comments:

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Nance this little package is just perfect. So many great details. The ribbon and thread detailing, the embossed backing, the "card" front.....all perfection. Just Love it!

Ann Schach said...

I love it, Nance! The woodgrain texture adds such a neat fall feel!

stampwithsandy said...

What a great, fun project Nance! I'm definitely putting those bags on my next order. You did such an amazing job embellishing it! This is a must-case!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance so cute ! love your little bags. I also thought about everyone writiing down what they are thankful for AND I DID that last year. We always spend Thanksgiving with our best pals and we go around the table and "say" what we are thankful for but I thought how fun to have something to KEEP. Was a great success. hugs.

LeAnne said...

This is fabulous! I just love these little bags....an empty canvas on which to embellish, create and share! I love your idea for Thanksgiving too...should I remind you, LOL!?

Brian King said...

Nance - this hits the spot for a wonderful Fall treat! Love that the tag is a card. :)

Jaydee said...

Nance, fabulous use of the bag.... and what a great idea you had about asking each person to write what they are thankful for and forwarding it on! I must remember that.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fabulous fall favor, Nance! You always add the best details...I know i say it all the time. The tag/card combo is awesome! I love what you said about having everyone shar what they are thankful for...we started that tradition a few years ago. Big hugs! :)