Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Sketch By the Tide {PP134}

Hi friends! Did you think I fell off the earth? I had so much going on last week that I took a little break from The Paper Players. Before I knew it, it was Sunday again and time for another Paper Players challenge! They do come around quickly, don't they? This week, Jaydee has a fabulous sketch for us:
I told you it was fabulous, right?  I will be using this one over and over!  I used the sketch to design a card for my stamp clubs using one of my favorite sets from the Spring Catalog, By the Tide:
Oh how I love the coral and seahorse images!  I've used some of my favorite colors here too: Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral and Pool Party.   Such great beach colors together!  What am I going to do when Pool Party retires in June??  I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of Pool Party embossed with the Fancy Fan folder.  I sponged some Pool Party ink all over the embossing to really make it pop.  Love how the fancy fan texture looks like waves.
The circle of Whisper White was cut with the 3" circle die onto which I collage stamped the coral, seahorse and script images and scattered some pearls in the coral.  I used two strips of designer paper for the vertical element of the sketch, notching the ends and giving them a slight curl for extra movement.  Can you hear them blowing in the warm ocean breeze?  Well, probably many of you are under piles of snow right now so you'll just have to imagine the lovely breeze!  :-)
I am really loving this sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration set Vintage Verses--it's so pretty! And, of course, I can't get enough of that sweet little seahorse either!  He was the perfect finishing touch to the inside of my card.

 I just know the rest of my friends on the Design Team will have some amazing projects for you this week.  Be sure to pop over and give them some love!  Then pop over to the Paper Players to join us before the challenge closes on Friday, March 1st at Noon (PST).   I can't wait to see what you can make with Jaydee's sketch!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: By the Tide; Petite Pairs; Vintage Verses 
Ink: Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit CS; Sycamore Street DSP, Designer Series Patterns Stack (2011-2013 In Colors)
Xtras: Naturals Trim ribbon; Basic Pearls; 3" circle die; 1.25" square punch; 1.25" circle punch; Fancy Fan embossing folder

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love all of the stamping stamping stamping you did on this! The colors are fabulous - and it makes me wish I were back down there by the ocean :)

Nancy said...

This is beautiful Nance, I love the little sea horse and he's the perfect color. The EF waves is just right, the DSP, & the pearls among the coral, too clever...oh my, gorgeous
Luv,
Mom

Marisa said...

Just love that little seahorse in the coral! Memories of my days in the tropics! Great take on the sketch. Hope your week is a bit slower this week ((hugs))

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nance! I feel as if I am under the sea. I love the Calypso Coral.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance how pretty is that! Love your little seahorse, and the pearl bubbles are my fav! very cool.
hugs

stampwithsandy said...

Nance I just love this stamp set and I love what you did with it. The colors are so pretty and tropical, and the images look great layered.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I love the different elements that really work with this stamp set, especially the banners! Thanks for joining us at stillADDinktive this week!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the details and your seahorse looks great in Calypso Coral!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is beautiful. Love the texture and the addition of pearls. Thanks for linking up at still addINKtive.

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous card with fabulous colours and love the seahorse.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is so beautiful Nance. I love the way you've used the seahorse and great colour choices too. Thanks for sharing with us at still addINKtive.

H2 :) said...

Fabulous card, Nance! The colour palette is awesome & perfect for your beachy theme. Love the sprinkling of tiny pearls surrounding your sweet little seahorse. Thanks for joining in at still addINKtive - hope we see you again! :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a great card! I love the use of the sketch and the different elements. So glad you shared this with us at still addINKtive challenge blog!