Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Just in Time Sketch {CCMC229}

This week's sketch over at Create with Connie & Mary was just in time for a card I needed to create for my nephew's birthday!  It had been forever-and-a-day since I played along so I decided to dig in.  Here's their fun sketch:
Normally, that skewed panel would have me running for the hills, lol.  But I wanted to use the Extreme Skateboard digital stamp in My Digital Studio and the tilted panel seemed like a perfect ramp to me!
Would you believe that there is no traditional stamping on this card?  There's hardly any layers or embellishments either!  I designed it completely in My Digital Studio to fit on a 4.25" x 5.5" card base. Once it was finished in MDS, I printed in onto Whisper White cardstock, matted it with some Crumb Cake and popped it up on a Midnight Muse card base.  The only thing I added were some Mini Silver Brads to the wheels.  I have to say I was pretty pleased with how it turned out and I [hope] think my nephew will too!
Since I wanted to use the same image on the inside and it was a digital "stamp", I designed the inside with MDS too.  Just copy and pasted the chevron borders from the front, colored them in the same "inks" (Basic Gray, Midnight Muse & Summer Starfruit) and then staggered them.  I also played around with the coloring tool in MDS2 that allows you to color sections of a digi stamp just as we would if we used markers to color a rubber stamp.  How cool is that?!  I used Basic Gray, Baja Breeze and Summer Starfruit to color the sentiment from the Word Play digital set.  I also got a little digi crazy with the paint splatter tool--also a new feature of MDS2.   

Well, thanks for checking in on me today...lots to do as we get ready for my daughter's birthday tomorrow!  Have a great night!

 Photobucket

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Clever girl, MDS indeed! Great job inside and out! I'm sure he'll love it too.

Melissa Davies said...

FABULOUS use of MDS! Any boy is sure to love! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Marisa said...

Totally fabulous card for a boy!! Love it!!!

Karren said...

This is a fantastic card! So perfect for a teenage boy. I love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, perfect use of that sketch, and what a great boy card.

Mary Brown said...

LOVE IT!!! Love it...love it...love it...love it...love it!!! It was absolutely PERFECT for the card! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh WOW Nancy - what a fabulous card for a young man! Your nephew is going to love this card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

This is SO cool!!!!! I love how you used the MDS to make this card! And this is perfect for any young man! My son would love it, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

What a super cute card for your nephew! Love that it is done in MDS! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Julie Marshall said...

Perfect masculine card Nance! Love it.

Lisa Martz said...

What a great card! I am just not MDS savvy, but you rocked this! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is SO cool! Love your MDS card and so much 'action' going on. Love it... and so will your nephew.
Love your color choices too. Very cool.
PS: I have yet to make a 'card' with MDS but I sure look forward to it over my Christmas break... just hope it gets here soon!

Christina said...

What a super cool digi card, Nance! Awesome colors, and I love the splatter effect you used. So fun to add the silver brads for wheels, too. Hope you're doing well, my friend! I hope to carve out some more time to visit in the New Year!

Margaret said...

You did a fabulous job using MDS for this! I love the ramp!! Fantastic guy card!