Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Butterfly Bliss {CD98}

Happy Wednesday all!  It's Color Dare day here under the Canopy and I can't wait to show you what I've created for you!  Riley's colors this week are so rich and elegant.
CD 98 
Pale Plum
Always Artichoke
+ neutral of your choice

This was the first chance I had to use the SAB set, Bliss and what fun I had with it!  I stamped the damask image in Pale Plum onto Very Vanilla cardstock.
The Bliss butterfly was stamped in Pale Plum onto Vellum cardstock and hand cut.  I attached him with a glue dot and hid it under 3 small basic pearls.  With his wings bent up, it looks as if he just alighted there.
The Tasteful Trim XL die made these large and lovely Pale Plum scallops from some retired Halloween paper--yes that's the "B" side of Halloween paper!   But look at that Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon!  This is such a cool trick for easy scrunching.  Just snip the end of the ribbon and pull at the end until you expose the middle threads.  Then grab onto one of the center threads and PULL!  Instant gathered ribbon!  I laid down a row of sticky strip and tucked the ends under--voila!
I liked the look of a non-sentiment front so I left it as is but added a sympathy-appropriate sentiment from Word Play to the inside along with another Pale Plum butterfly and a strip of Always Artichoke patterned paper from a retired hostess pack.
I hope you'll check out the rest of the design team's inspiration and will think about joining us at The Color Dare this week!

    11 comments:

    Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

    Nance this is beautiful! I love the plum color tones, especially for a sympathy card. Your vellum butterfly is so delicate looking and love those little pearls.
    I have laugh though, as I try and try to scrunch my seam binding by using your technique, more often than not, I end up pulling the darn string right out! I FINALLY learned to leave it attached to the roll before I start I scrunching! Too funny. lol

    Christina said...

    This is so elegant. The combination of scallops and ruffled ribbon is divine and adds so much interesting texture. Your butterfly looks right at home perched on the damask flourish!

    Marisa said...

    Totally gorgeous card, Nance! Love how you used that set (it's the one I'm getting when I put in my order). Lovely scallops with the ruffled ribbon

    Nancy said...

    Nance, this is STUNNING!,it's also my new favorite color (at least for this month). Love the stamp and the way you perched the butterfly on top. A real show-stopper if ever!

    Patti said...

    Beautiful card. What a great job using the colors.

    jjcreations said...

    GORGEOUS, Nance. I love the placement of the butterfly - it's perfectly elegant. The scallops and ruffles are great too.

    Linda Callahan said...

    Very elegant for sure! And I adore the butterfly stamped on vellum - beautiful look!

    Queenie Jeannie said...

    Very, very pretty!!! LOVE IT! I think I'm going to have to purchase that XL die...I keep talking myself out of it, and then keep seeing gorgeous cards like yours! I do so hate being left out, lol!

    jaydee said...

    Nance, Love it. Great tip on the ribbon. I definitely need to try that! I'm astonished with what you produce with the XL die... you are really tempting me!
    Big hugs
    Jaydee

    Glenda J said...

    Simply stunning! Love everything about it - great work.

    Julie Marshall said...

    Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the layered scallops. TFS.