Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Season of Friendship for The Paper Players {PP20}

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Thanks for joining me here for another great week at The Paper Players.  This week Lesley has a clean and simple sketch for us to try:


Isn't that great?  You can do a lot of things with the center panel...and here is where I went with it:


I really like the colors of this card--traditional with a twist!  Here I used Crumb Cake, Real Red, and Baja Breeze--love BB and RR together.  I started with the center panel of Crumb Cake that I spritzed with Champagne Shimmer mist and stamped with the Season of Friendship tree in Whisper White craft ink.  Of course, it's always difficult to capture the sparkle in a photo (pic above looks so flat!) but maybe you can see it here:


Pretty, isn't it?  The trio of Real Red birdies are from another favorite tree stamp, Branch Out (retired) as are the sweet little Baja Breeze snowflakes.  With my glue pen, I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the Baja Breeze snowflakes as well as the ones on the background Candy Lane specialty designer paper because you can never have enough sparkle!


I thought this simple design needed a simple bow treatment so I ran a piece of the Whisper White organza ribbon around the strip of Real Red cardstock and then tucked a couple loops of ribbon under each side of the main panel.  I like the look of it and it's postal-friendly!

I had fun repeating the same elements on the inside stamping the tree in Crumb Cake on Whisper White with more Baja Breeze snowflakes and another Real Red bird:

And isn't this sentiment just perfect?!  It's another one from the level 2 hostess set Occasional Quotes--so versatile!  As I was taking these pictures, I realized I should have put some more Dazzling Diamonds on the inside so I may go back and add just a touch. :-)

I hope you've enjoyed my sample today...be sure to head over the The Paper Players and check out the rest of the design team.  I'm sure you'll find some wonderful eye candy and inspiration.  Then try your hand at Lesley's sketch and link it up.  We can't wait to come visit you!

supplies:
stamps: season of friendship; occasional quotes; contempo christmas (sentiment); branch out (retired)
ink: whisper white craft; baja breeze, real red, crumb cake, jet black stazon, basic black
paper: crumb cake, whisper white, real red CS; candy lane specialty DSP
xtras: MS glue pen; dazzling diamonds; whisper white organza ribbon

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Nance,
I love the crumb cake focal point and the tree stamped in White Craft Ink. So pretty! The colour combo is wonderful.
Smiles,
Lesley

Christina said...

Gorgeous, Nance! I love these colors together! The white trees on kraft look so soft and serene, especially with the shimmer and snowflakes. And I look forward to seeing the insides of your cards just as much as the outsides, and this one is fabulous!

Nancy said...

Nance another beautiful card, what a treat this color combo, who would have thought for Christmas too, YOU would! The inside of your card is as lovely as the outside...definitely an inspiration!

Ann Schach said...

Love the pleated ribbon. The inside of your card is fabulous! I love the pop of color with the little redbirds!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card.....just so sweet!!! Love the colors and anything snowy with a red bird is a hit in my book! I believe I won this set and haven't opened it yet!!!

LeroyLime said...

love your little red birds and your waterfall ribbon! Very sparkly!!